Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Good news

I received good news last week that I do not need to obtain a biopsy - yeah!  Now I wait for a . so I can submit Day 2/3 bloodwork and hope everything is normal.  I'm looking forward to a calendar and starting Phase 2. 

I haven't told work yet that I'm going to need the time off.  My boss is weird and I'm not looking forward to letting her know that I will be out for one, maybe two weeks.  I don't want to alert her because there is a chance that I might not pass the suppression check and she will make a big deal out of the time I've requested.  I came "out of the closet" with work last January and received the green light to move forward with my job and IVF.  I continued travel and IVF cycles.  I was crazy going forward with the cycles and the shooting up hotel rooms and Starbucks bathrooms and just keeping everything straight.  I'm glad to have a little less craziness in my life for this next cycle.  The one that really matters.   

I also think I've put life into perspective.  A job is a job is a job.  I love my job, but it is a job.  No one will care about the work I've put in after I'm gone.  I've accomplished more that I thought was ever possible professionally.  I never set out to be a professional.  I wanted to go to college to become a teacher so that I could work and take care of myself and a child should something bad happen to my marriage - like divorce.       

I had one friend announce her CCRM twin pregnancy news and one Reslove friend announce she is pregnant with one.  Both traveled down long hard roads, but in the end they are preggers.  Both are in their early 30s.  At this point I can't even imagine what it must feel like to actually know that you are going to have a baby. 

1 comment: