Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm going to CO

The nurse called and my estrogen is 180.  She said it most likely dipped and now my Estrogen is on its way back up.  I look forward to what they see on Thursday.  They are keeping my medication the same.   

I wondered in the beginning if they would even take me on as a patient.  People scared me into thinking maybe I shouldn't even try because CCRM cherry picks their patients.  I am a bad responder with a low AMH and they are letting me have a chance.

In so many ways I've put CO on a pedestal and I just wonder how I'll feel after all is done?  Most people are happy with their experience even if it hasn't led them to their baby.   

I went home at lunch and finally started packing.  I had things loosely ready, and now must of my stuff is packed.  I still need to pack work stuff and my medication. 

I should have started earlier - I've been very scatter brained.  I walked out of the house with a see through silk undershirt.  I only got as far as the driveway when I remembered...  I tried to warm up food in the toaster oven with the door left open...   

I'm kinda excited!!!!

4 comments:

  1. EEeekk!! So exciting! I just finished my initial OWDU and such there and already have SUCH a good feeling about CCRM. I hope you feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard over and over from many ladies who feel that CCRM cherry picks their patients but this is just a myth. Please do not feel that you are not "worthy" enough to be a patient. That's never the impression I ever got. In fact, I think the more the challenge for them the better. That is their specialty. Hoping for great things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the last comment. I never felt like I was picked to be their patient. Instead they made me feel like my case was simple and I enjoyed that for once. Best wishes to you. I will be starting IVF in April at CCRM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOO excited for you! I remember getting that call and knowing that I was heading to Denver--so exciting! CCRM definitely does not cherrypick patients. I think people who spread those rumors just can't believe their success statistics and assume that they must only choose the ideal patients to cycle, but that is not true. I so hope the lab there will take good care of your embryos and prove their magic once again! Best of Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete