Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pause

I went to the breast center for my second mammogram to see if my calcifications are benign on Thursday.  The nurse promised I would have an opportunity to talk to the radiologist before I leave.  The tech came in after the mammo and told me the calcifications were benign, but I needed to come back in 6 months for a follow-up mammo and the radiologist would not have time to see me. 

I let her know that I was receiving care for IVF and I needed to talk to the radiologist because I have several questions.  Most important - are the calcifications estrogen receptive and would she/he sign off on IVF in January.  The tech walked out of the room clearly looking put out.  She returned and told me the calcifications were probably benign and that the radiologist did not suggest getting pregnant.  Tears immediately started streaming down my face and I began thinking I was in for a 6 month wait..

I let the tech know that I wasn't leaving until I saw the radiologist.  She told me I needed to get dressed and move out into the waiting area because she had other patients who needed access to the room.  I never cried after the ectopic or bad news from the doc, so I'm not sure why I started crying.  I never saw the radiologist, but a very nice nurse came over to me after I had been sitting in the waiting room for over an hour.  She walked me into a back room after learning I needed to talk to a radiologist because I am an infertility patient.  She took me into the back room and shared with me a nice story about her sister and her battle with infertility.

This is such a long story, but in the end, I talked to CCRM and my acupuncturist and they both said I would need to ask for a biopsy.   

I'm so glad we decided to go to CCRM for the ODWU before my insurance kicks in.  Hopefully, we will be ready to get things started in January.  I'm trying hard not to be afraid!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh...that sounds like a horrible time! I am so sorry you had to experience that on top of everything you have been through. Thankfully CCRM is willing to go the extra mile for you and request biopsy to speed things up. Big hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    wall to wall carpets in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete