Tuesday, December 27, 2011

HCG

My nurse asked me to get my HCG checked before starting estrace.  I did and it came back 17.  I was 7 weeks post D & C at the blood draw.  It should be zero by now. 

I  am going in tomorrow  (8 weeks post) to have my HCG checked again and it needs to be below 5.  If it does not go down, my nurse said that I could have retained tissue.  If I have retained tissue I think it means another D & C...  I have read a few cases online where woman have slow falling HCG numbers and they did not have to have another D&C.  I'm really hoping I'm in that camp. 

Also, I can't start estrace/my cycle unless HCG is below 5.  I'm already playing out worse case scenario.  I want to think positive thoughts, but it's been really hard. 

I wish the IVF crystal ball would appear and tell me what to do.  I still wonder if we are just wasting our time with me.  I'm making normals, but are they healthy eggs able to get the job done?  I'm worried about another failed pregnancy and another D & C.  The one thing I've have going for me is my lining.  I do not want to screw that up.

I guess I will have an answer on Thursday. 

7 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with these constant worse-case scenarios. I'll be hoping it's below 5 tomorrow. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for the best with that HCG, what the heck is up with that? I sure you hope don't have to have another procedure. It's hard not to worry about the worst when dealing with IF, believe me I am a glass half empty person when it comes to all this. Hoping for the best cycle of 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many girls the are good examples of doing IVF until it works. Jamie at http://ivflygirl.blogspot.com/2011/12/our-first-christmas-party.html is a good example. Look at ther timeline on her blog. Amazing. Good inspiration. Don't give up. Hope another procedureis not on the horizon for you. We're here pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to hoping that 2012 is nicer to all of us. You are definitely on my prayer list. I will continue to pray for a lower HCG level so that you can move forward with your cycles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Goldie...I am sorry you are faced with sooooo many more obstacles. I wish you had that crystal ball too. Take care...happy NY and here's hoping this is your year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goldie, thanks so much for answering my question on your protocol earlier. Sorry it took me a while to respond - I was traveling and just got back! I hope that your HCG drops so you don't have to do another D&C. And let this be the year that we both get pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    linen curtains abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete