Monday, April 4, 2011

Fresh or Frozen

I've been educating myself on all egg donor related things just in case my own egg IVF fails in June.

I came across a few places where you can choose a frozen donor egg.  I like this idea because the donor has already gone through the process and their little eggs are just waiting for me and my hubby.  I've read where fresh IVF donors forget to take their meds or decide at the last minute not to cycle.  I'm so ready to be a mom yesterday so this option looks interesting.  There was a woman on one of the boards who chose frozen and was pregnant within a month of entering the program.  The price is half the price of a fresh donor cycle and the selection isn't too bad.  One place boasts a 65% success rate! 

I'm wondering why more people don't choose this path?  I think CCRM boasts a fresh donor cycle 80% success rate - I guess that would be one reason to go with them over frozen.  However, the cost is less and you could get two for the price of one and that would increase your chances.

For those of you who chose DE - did you go fresh or frozen and why?

4 comments:

  1. We are CCRM patients and chose fresh...we just did not feel emotionally up for another experiment with the use of vitrified eggs. That's all...but yes, their incentives to try the vitrified eggs was quite tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you made up your mind. If I went donor eggs I would go your route too....especially after spending so much on IVF. It sounds like less risk and hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing...I think it was you who recommended Snooze and Root Down. We TOTALLY love them both. With so many to chose from, it was so nice to know where to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    home curtains in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete