Sunday, October 3, 2010

ODWU

We landed in CO on Tuesday night.  We stayed at the Starwood Elements Hotel.  We were given a room with a basic kitchen without a stove.  I would stay there again.  There are shops and restaurants nearby. 

Our Day:
7:30 IVF Orientation

8:30 New Patient Consult with Schoolcraft - I have age issues that are preventing me from getting pregnant.  We will look to see if I have any genetically normal embryos.  If I do, we will do two retrievals.  We want to store as many embryo as possible so we can try for a sibling.  We have an embryo on ice.  He wasn't sure how it would handle unfreezing to test and refreeze?  I'm not leaning toward testing.  I think I would like to include the embryo in a transfer.  He does not want us to go forward with any additional IUIs with injectables because he sees women build a resistance to the drugs.  I'm disappointed because the IUIs keep me hopeful during the upcoming holidays...

9:00 Semen Analysis and Antibody Testing and Chromatin Assay

9:30 Ultrasound and Doppler - learned that I have good blood flow on one side and the other is just slightly compromised.  They are suggesting acupuncture and no caffeine.  I also saw my arcuate uterus.  It looked much more arcuate than I thought.  My resting follicle number was 9.

10:00 Nurse - IVF Consult - my nurse is Heidi.  She is nice and knowledgeable.  We reviewed the protocol Schoolcraft may put me on. 
 
11:00 Hysteroscopy - Dr. Schoolcraft confirmed the arcuate uterus and said that it measuring in the grey zone.  The decision to do surgery to correct it is up to me.  He strongly recommends doing the surgery himself.  The only drawback from surgery is the development of scar tissue. 
I wonder now if my arcurate uterus caused my pregnancies to be chemical - hmmm... 

11:30 Genetic Counselor - she reviewed our genetic testing options.  The cost to do PGS is $6,850!  I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to see if I am making normals.
I've never made enough embryos to chance a Day 5 transfer so I'm nervous that we will not produce enough to make it to Day 5 for testing.  The genetic counselor was very positive.  Based on their genetic study they have found that people who put back two genetically normal embryos have a 70% chance of taking home a baby.   

12:00 Chick-fil-A lunch!!!!!

12:30 Business Office to discuss what we will owe.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their prices do not increase.

1:00 Work-up Labs - lots of blood drawn

1:30 FLC Consent review

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    Engineered Wood Flooring

    ReplyDelete