Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Decisions! Decisions!

I received Protocol 3 from my nurse on Friday.  The prep time begins on Day 1 the cycle before you start stimming which would mean starting my meds in three weeks for an April cycle.  I think its better to wait three months, but I would be pushing up against the June/July CCRM lab closure. 

Here is a link to protocol 3 http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/7/1884.full It looks promising for women like me.  Low responders with normal FSH numbers.  Mine is inching toward higher than normal.
I have a few concerns - will I develop a dominant follicle with this treatment and will I be oversuppressed? 

I could play it safe and go with the protocol that worked with my last RE?  I didn't get a ton of eggs, but at least I had a few to work with.  They retrieved 7 and 4 fertilized. 

I wish I knew what to do? 

5 comments:

  1. Very very interesting! This sounds very promising...overall 80% of patients in the study saw a FIVEFOLD increase in ovarian response! That's great! That CCRM...they are such smarty pants! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooopss..I'm sorry...meant 20% fared better not 80%. That's still 20% who would not have responded otherwise and definitely worth a shot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...no that is true!! 80% did fare better...okay...I'll quit. Going to send this to another IF that I think will be interested. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll all about evidence in clinical studies....if it's 80 % that responded better (Lisa you're hilarious) then it might be a good option. If you have faith in you doc at CCRM, listen to what they recommend. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    carpets in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete