Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We regrouped

It sorta went as expected.  The reason for the failure is my poor response to the drugs which extended our treatment and my age.  There was nothing we can do to prevent it.

I believe I will ask for an ultrasound before ER if my LH ever climbs over 15 and inches toward 20.  An LH surge above 20 is in danger of initiating a surge.  I always asked for my estrogen, but never my LH.  I never understood its importance. Lucky me - I now know one more thing about human reproduction! 

We talked about putting me on a microdose lupron protocol.  In the past, this one just didn't work.  I had 4 eggs retrieved and only one fertilized.  Because my eggs suck, I need quantity so I pushed for another go at the antagonist protocol.  He suggested adding testosterone.  I've never had much, so maybe this will help?  I'm just hoping for one good embryo - two when all is said and done.  I don't think that is too much to ask for.   

I think Dr. S does not give any help to those who are getting help through insurance.  We really have been blessed in that arena.  I also wonder sometimes if we had to pay out of pocket, would we have looked at success rates more closely and found CCRM sooner.  There is good and bad sides to every story!

Thank you to all who stop by and give me support.  I came on here as an outlet and to help document everything that went on.  All of you are a nice bonus! 

5 comments:

  1. UGH... isn't it amazing how much we know about our reproductive cycles now? I'm so sorry it didn't work out this past cycle for you. :(

    Your insurance helps cover? That's AWESOME and so rare. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hope the next go round will end up with a better result for you. Hoping this will work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are at the best place in the country. Hoping is one is the one! Be strong and in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he had some suggestions for moving forward. Still stinks that this ER has to count toward your insurance. Great idea to insist on an u/s next time if you have a bad feeling about your LH. I'll be here to support you during this next attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    bedsheets abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete