Saturday, October 29, 2011

D & C vs Natural

Caution - this is a debbie downer and I hate to be the sad one.  I want to be happy.

I have a D & C scheduled for next week, but I think natural might be the better route for my body.  On the other hand, I'm ready to move on.  I have to redo all testing again before we can proceed with another ET.  I hope I pass the mammogram.  Last year was scary and I always wonder if everything is ok.  There are so many obstacles.

I still feel pregnant.  My breasts are sore, fatigue and a crazy sense of smell.  My body is hanging on to this pregnancy.  I am ready to let go.

I've been in treatment for over 3 years.  I really thought CCRM would be our answer and I would be pregnant before the holidays arrived.  I know I need to change my way of thinking and just hope that sometime between now and the next three years we will have a child.  I know that if you try long enough you will have a baby.    

10 comments:

  1. Oh Goldie, my heart is just breaking for you. :( I'm so sorry you even have to make a choice like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I am SO sorry. It's just so damn unfair. I think you are amazing for soldiering on and thinking about next steps. Your resilience WILL pay off at some point. In the mean time, know that I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goldie...I am so, so sorry that you have to go through this - so sad and definitely not fair - nothing about IF is. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goldie...been thinking of you. I have experienced both...a lingering pg that required a DNC and then a spontaneous m/c at 8 weeks. I think your body will get back on track much quicker with a DNC...ask to do a follow up ultrasound to make sure all is clear otherwise you'll risk infection. Glad to see...rather sorry to see...that you have a DNC date in advance. That way your body will still have time to try and end the pg on its own. I'm so sorry Goldie...this is the last thing I wanted to talk about with you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Goldie - Again, I am sorry you have to go through this. When I had a blighted ovum, my OB-gyn recommended a D&C. He said he used a really light hand on my uterus. I did not have any complications. What I've read with going the natural route is sometimes your body does not get everything out and you end up having to get a D&C anyway. Sometimes, a D&C does offer more effective closure than waiting for your body to do the work. I hope you have a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Goldie I am so, so sorry for what you are going through. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you didn't have to go through any of this. I am sorry for what is ahead and what IF has put you through, it is not fair at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrible. I was so hoping for a different ending. Just like you, we all can't wait to see you pregnant and happy. Awful thing to be going through. We're here for you and will be as you try again. Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wanted to stop in and say i'm thinking of you.

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    wood venetian blinds in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete