Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Day 1 / 2

I'm not really sure where I am in my cycle, but my nurse went ahead and had me go in for my baseline bloodwork and ultrasound.  I felt very hormonal and tired yesterday afternoon.  I finally had "full flow" at 4:30 pm    

I arrived this morning without orders from my nurse so luckily because I'm a fixture in their office, they let me move forward without the paperwork. 

For those of you having your initial bw/us at another clinic, don't make the same mistake I did and not ask for your orders to be sent to you via email the day before your appointment. 

Baseline Ultrasound
Endometrium 6.97

Measured follicles on both ovaries: 7

The largest follicle they read was a 9.  I had 3 follicles reading at 12mm during my baseline ultrasound from a previous IVF.

The good news is I didn't have a dominant follicle or a cyst.  The bad news is I had 9 resting follicles last time and this time I only had 7. 

My Estrogen was high at 177.  You want it at 60 or below.  Mine is high because I've been taking 2mg of estrogen daily.  I will stop taking estrogen today and will get my body ready to begin stimming tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Phew... so many variables to think about. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear the numbers! Try not to stress on the follies number. I am sure more will present themselves or were hiding and hope you will get more than the 7 they discovered. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck moving forward. Don't worry about 'losing' two eggs this cycle. These 7 will be stronger than the other 9. And thanks for your thoughts on my blog about telling parts of the family. Close ones know. I will tell her in time.

    ReplyDelete