Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ovulation before ER

I never got my regroup.  My dh and I sent questions through to the nurse and Dr. S answered them.  He assured us that we would get at least 4 fertilized eggs.  We made plans to do the polar body testing if we got 3 or more.  I was haoping for 6...

My LH began to rise on Tuesday and the nurse instructed me to take another Cetrotide, I did.  Cetrotide prevents ovulation.  We triggered with HCG at 12:15 pm and again with Lupron at 1:15 and again the next day with Lupron. 

We arrived on Thursday at CCRM for ER.  My ovaries were achy, but I was feeling hopeful.  Dr. M was was our ER Doc.  After waking up from anesthesia, I learned that I ovulated before they could get to my eggs.  We had nothing!  I couldn't believe what I was hearing - nothing...  Dr. S came up and just explained that these things happen and that he could perform an IUI.  I am at a small risk for an ectopic because my left fallopian tube opens a little slower than my right.  All the eggs were on the left.  I think I ovulated on Tuesday so the IUI just isn't going to work - no hope there.   

I am disappointed that we did not receive a call the next day from the surgery center, nurse or doctor to check on us.  I decided to call my nurse at 4:00 pm to see if she had any additional answers and to see if we could schedule a regroup.  As I was calling, CCRM calls and asks us why we were not at our 1:00 Dr. S regroup?!  My DH and I did not know we were signed up for a regroup?  We bought our ticket to fly home the day after the ER on trigger day. 

We are scheduled for a regroup on Tuesday.  I called my nurse just to see if we could get some answers and she said that this just happens.  They were never concerned over my LH levels.  She said that this situation is talked about in the CCRM consents we signed.  We later found it.  I've just never had this problem.  I asked her if this counted as an ER and against my insurance and it does. 

We are still processing everything.  I wonder if this is GOD just telling me to hang it up and stop trying. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Goldie!!! This is sooo unfortunate and massively disappointing. I hope you're doing okay...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    drapery in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete