Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I surged!

I surged right on time, so on the 28th I will begin taking Estrace (2) mg tablets at bedtime.  Dr. S prescribed the estrogen to prevent me from developing a dominant follicle.  My last protocol we used vivelle patches and estrogen tablets and I did not develop a dominant so I am hoping this process is even better.   

I really recommend buying the smiley face digital ovulation predictor pee sticks.  They are expensive at $49.00, but you get 20 individually wrapped sticks.  If we are so lucky, I can use the remaining sticks during my next cycle. 

I started out with the ovulation predictor kit that has you look for two lines and then I got scared that I would mess up the lines.  A few days before I surge I get two lines.  You have to wait until the test line is as dark or darker than the baseline.  I just do not want to make a single mistake. 

   

2 comments:

  1. Great news that everything is going smoothly so far! It's almost February, and hopefully Denver will have good weather waiting for you! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!

    I always use the cheap OPKs, but I'm sure when we're doing ART I'll just splurge for the smiley faced ones. I agree - no screwups when you're spending that much money!!

    ReplyDelete