Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trying to get my drugs

I'm less stressed over getting my drugs this time. 

Drugs were to arrive this past Tuesday - didn't happen because they are now dispensing the drugs locally instead of through a specialty pharmacy

Drugs were to arrive today - didn't happen because Follistim and Centrotide are difficult to get. 

Drugs will arrive tomorrow - who knows what I will get?  I'm going to wait to call my nurse after I see what I've received and order the drugs that didn't come with another pharm. 

My last IVF cycles were more stressful because I was traveling for work and often I wouldn't get the drugs until the day before I left for business.  I was shooting up in Starbucks between meetings.  I went through a lot of ganirelex- under pressure it spews.  You must slowly remove the lid. 

My drugs for this IVF cycle:
Estrogen Priming:
I'm taking Estrogen

Stimming Phase:
AM
2 AMPs of Menopur - shot

PM
300 Follistim u - shot
100mg Clomid - tablets
Saizen - shot
Dexamethasone - tablet

Follicle release control:
Centrotide

Double trigger with Ovidril and Lupron 

One question, for those of you who stop by.  Did you continue to take supplements throughout your cycle?  If so, which ones?

2 comments:

  1. I am no help on the supplements, but I just wanted to wish you good luck on getting the meds and starting with everything! : ) I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supplements...yes...I took Vit E and anything "lining" related that would help with my lining and then quit the supplements (except prenatal vitamins and folic acid) at transfer. Good luck on your upcoming cycle!!

    ReplyDelete