Friday, January 14, 2011

Wow what a week!

This week was a little crazy and I am so glad it is almost the end of the day!  It was a good week in the end.  I was so nervous about my job and getting clearance to go to CCRM.  I decided to request the time off now instead of waiting and letting her know last minute and not telling her how long I would be out.  She didn't say no!   

It's so hard to request time off for fertility related events - you don't know exactly when you are leaving or how long you will need to stay.  I have insurance that allows me to have these procedures so it shouldn't be a big deal, but it is a little. 

I'm Day 2 of my cycle and I've started the Dox.  I can't believe after all this time we are starting the process.  I will be on Dox for the next 10 days.  On Day 8,  I will begin looking for my surge on pee sticks and once I detect it I will begin the estrace. 

CCRM has been great so far.  My nurse called in my drugs and they will be arriving on Tuesday.  I did not have to call my nurse to remind her to call in my drugs!  Previously, I had to fight between my insurance co- my nurse - and the pharmacy to get my drugs ordered and delivered.  I had an HMO.  It would take me up to two weeks of constant contact to make it happen.  It was a mess!  So far, I'm liking the PPO - I will keep you posted.  I will say there is not a day that goes by that I don't appreciate how lucky I am to have fertility insurance.  We will pay around $400 for all our drugs.  It's not fair for you ladies who don't have insurance to pay for more.    

1 comment:

  1. Hey goldie...glad things are moving along smoothly with CCRM. And double glad you get IVF drug insurance!!

    ReplyDelete