Monday, January 10, 2011

The weekend

I went to a work baby shower - and I will not do that again.  No more personal or work baby showers.  I thought this might be different than a personal baby shower and it was worse.  My colleague often talked about how she never wanted children.  I'm happy for her, the situation just reminds me of my long unsuccessful journey.  I've been in such a good place lately and the baby shower put me in a bad place.  I'm so sick and tired of being sad.  The only tears I want to cry are tears of happiness over a healthy pregnancy.

I went to dinner with family and friends and it was so nice.  Everyone knows my situation.  Everyone expected me not to drink and asked questions about CO.  It was just so nice!

I enrolled in a 6 week yoga program.  It will end just as I am gearing up to leave for CO.  There are six women in the class.  Everyone comes from a different place.  There is one woman who is the same age as me and the same egg numbers.  She just recently had her eggs genetically tested and all were abnormal.  I feel like I'm prepared for my results.  I know I have less than a 50% chance - you just never know? 

 

2 comments:

  1. Its been a very long time since I've attended a baby shower...take care as you gear up for your cycle in CO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby showers are so, so hard. I'm sorry you felt down afterwards. But it's so great that you can let your friends and family in on your Colorado plans! I'm sure they will be a great source of support.

    ReplyDelete