Thursday, January 6, 2011

Protocol 5

I received my calendar and I will be cycling in February.  Dr. S ordered me to follow protocol 5 - Midluteal/Estrace/Clomid/Antagonist

We asked for a phone chat and he went over the protocol and described how he felt each of the drugs would address my issues - dominant follicle/s at the beginning of each cycle, egg quantity and the maturity of the eggs.  I'm going to be on a lot of drugs.  I am a little nervous about Clomid.  Clomid is the only drug that really affects me and maybe that's a good thing?  From here on out I just need to give into the ride and be happy that I have an opportunity to go to CCRM.

I attended a Resolve meeting last night and one of the members isn't able to cycle with her husbands sperm.  I was reminded of just how lucky I am that I get to cycle.  She would love to be in my shoes cycling with her husband.   I look at my numbers and my past response and I get down and depressed, but not everyone gets to try IVF or go to CCRM because of the cost, egg quantity, or their husband may not be open to advanced fertility treatment.   

1 comment: