Tuesday, January 11, 2011

the ramblings of a stressed person

I am supposed to be free of stress, and for a long time my job was one thing I could count on to bring me an identity outside of being infertile and it was stress free.  I loved everything about it and considered myself to be lucky!

For the last year, my job has brought me nothing but stress.  I eliminated the travel and that made it less stressful, but then my direct report began exhibiting some very unprofessional behavior that I could not tolerate and it shows.  I distanced myself from her and that strained our relationship.  Now she is very unpleasant to me.    

We have new leaders and I'm not sure how they feel about women trying to start a family and taking off work to run across the US for fertility treatments and that is what is making me feel very insecure.  I'm not sure if I should say something about my upcoming treatment or keep it to myself.  I have a ridiculous amount of sick days and vacation so I just shouldn't worry.  I am a worrier... 

No comments:

Post a Comment