Thursday, January 27, 2011

Support

I talked to one of my best friends last night.  I'm so thankful for her because she is the one friend who understands me best when it comes to the small intricate details of my life.  We are both the oldest of three siblings in our family.  Our life has been anything but perfect, and we can be open and honest with each other about anything.  When we are on the phone she doesn't try to change the subject when I talk about IF or get a glazed look on her face.  She is a strong Christian and my faith meter is on empty right now so I need her prayers!   

I also now have the women I've met at Resolve meetings.  If your not already attending local support group meetings, I recommend going.  You meet women who you can talk to about your journey and they understand IF, plus you come away with great resources and usually a new perspective on your journey.  I've met two women who I now see outside the group.  They are both newly pregnant - I'm not sure how our friendship will develop as their bellies grow, but as of now I'm glad I have their support. 
    

2 comments:

  1. It is great to have support among friends! My BFF, despite being uber-fertile (she has a son and twin girls!), always takes the time to ask questions and try to understand what we've been going through. It means so much to me that she attempts to comprehend this strange world of infertility. Hopefully you'll be able to lean on these women (if you can handle their bumps) while you go through your cycle! If not, the blog community can be a great source of support as well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and others from the online have already been so helpful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete